Manufactured with functionality in mind, the Kelso range of table forks from Olympia are cost-effective and reliable. Strong, sturdy and dependable, the forks are made to last in any high volume business, meaning fewer replacements and greater value for money. Produced with a modest, high polish design, the forks easily suit all furnishings, making them ideal for use in any fast-paced dining business offering self-service. Pressed from stainless steel, the forks can also be used with any magnetised cutlery saving systems, helping to prevent losing utensils.
What size is a dinner fork?
About 7 to 8″ (180 to 205mm). Designed to be an all-round workhorse, the table fork can be used with any dish.
What are different forks used for?
While a table fork will do for most occasions, for finer dining settings or more complicated dishes you may need specialist tableware. In regard to forks, the main types are:
1. Table fork: your standard dining fork, ideal for most dishes.
2. Dessert fork: a smaller fork to make eating delicate desserts easier.
3. Fish fork: finished with smaller tines to prevent fish flaking when skewered.
4. Salad fork: similar to the dessert fork. Smaller than a table fork, often with longer tines but a shorter handle.
5. Serving fork: used with serving spoons when dishing. A mainstay of fine dining settings.
What is the best quality cutlery?
Cutlery tends to come in two grades of stainless steel – 18/0 and 18/10. The latter is generally thought of as the ‘best quality’ as it contains nickel (denoted by the 10 in 18/10), which gives it a highly polished, longer-lasting shine than 18/0 steel. However, 18/10 does not share the magnetic qualities of 18/0 steel, meaning 18/0 is better if you rely on cutlery savers to cut down on lost tableware. In short, the best quality cutlery is the cutlery that works best for you.
- Dimensions 205(L)mm
- Material 18/0 Stainless steel
- Weight 380g
- High polish finish
- Simple, uncomplicated design
- 18/0 cutlery should be immediately dried by hand after each wash cycle. Not recommended for air drying.