Improve the sustainability of your hot drinks service by switching to these 79-Series Vegware compostable hot cup lids.
What Makes These Hot Cup Lids Sustainable?
As the lids are made entirely from plant-based CPLA, they can be commercially composted within 12 weeks after use. This will help you and your customers to divert waste away from landfill, while also turning the lids into nutrient-rich compost that’s used to grow plants. The plant-based materials are also highly renewable and kinder to the planet’s natural resources. This gives you a more environmentally responsible alternative to traditional plastic lids – even if you can’t send them to industrial composting facilities.
As they’re clearly marked as being “completely compostable”, it’s also easy for customers to dispose of these lids into the correct waste streams.
What Are The Other Benefits Of CPLA?
Not just eco-friendly, the CPLA material has been crystallised for added strength. This makes the lids resistant to cracking, splitting or breaking when in use.
Which Cups Can I Use With The Lids?
These lids will fit the GH020 Vegware compostable hot cups (sold separately), as well as any other hot cups in Vegware’s 79-Series range.
- Dimensions 10(H) x 79(Ã)mm
- Material CPLA
- Weight 2g
- Colour White
- CPLA is a stronger and more heat-resistant form of PLA (plant-based substitute to traditional plastic)
- Completely compostable in under 12 weeks in an industrial composting facility
- Made from sustainable and eco-friendly plant-based materials
- The lids have a smaller carbon footprint than oil-based plastic alternatives
- Greener substitutes to traditional plastic lids
- The lids are clearly marked as “completely compostable”
- The CPLA material gives these lids good strength
- Suitable for temperatures up to 85Â°C
- These lids are not widely accepted for recycling
- The lids are not microwave safe
- For use with the GH020 Vegware compostable hot cups (sold separately)
- The lids will also fit any other hot cups from Vegware’s 79-Series range